There are some changes in the wind...
Changes in the wind...
I'm looking at expanding my operation (Dev Defined Limited) - after having come to the conclusion that I can't support my current client base, and certainly can't offer them enough business continuity should I be put out of action - short of taking key man insurance out on myself ;o) - I need to start growing.
At any rate I've decided to do a few things:
- Start engaging old clients (and finding new clients) to queue up more work beyond my capacity.
- Taking on additional staff to both do that work, and transfer knowledge about existing clients and solutions.
Which brings me to the point of this post, I'm going to be looking for a couple of additional development staff (both senior).
So if you're a flexible senior developer, with a strong .Net background who wants to help build a development shop up, and is looking for opportunities to stretch their legs and play with some new and interesting technologies (instead of just reading about them on blogs) then why not drop me a line?
Our projects cover a wide variety of areas, looking back over the past 8 months some of the more interesting bits of work have been:
- A client server system for audio identification, using WCF, Base4.Net with a Monorail based web front-end.
- Rich message processing system for Seismic Technologies, a large solution that included a rich winforms based remote configuration interface, integrated IronPython scripting, heavy use of dependency injection, WSE 3.0 and IoC.
- Library for media transformations (designed to plug-in to the SyzmkRMP product, but also for other users) - including an Audio/Video encoding library that wraps up DirectShow.Net which was open-sourced as the Splicer project on codeplex.
Starting package would be $85K + 5 weeks holiday, Pay review after 6 months.
And on the flip-side of that coin, I'm looking for additional project/product development work to take on board, so if you have a project that you think would benefit from our unique set of skills and experience and a team of developers with a focus on innovative solutions, drop us an email.