Inaugural North Shore Architecture Chat Tomorrow
Tomorrow is the first North Shore Architecture Chat, a north-shore based equivalent of the Auckland Architecture Chat that I've been helping to organise for the last couple of years,
after Alex James (the original organiser) left New Zealand to join Microsoft in the states.
If you're not familiar with the existing Architecture chat, you can find more details here on the wiki.
The first meeting will be held tomorrow, 18th February at the Euro Deli, starting at 11:30am.
3A Don McKinnon Drive
(North Ridge Plaza)
North Shore City
Some suggested topics for the first meeting:
- Recent developer / geek events - KiwiFoo 2010, WebStock 2010, MVP Summit 2010 etc.
- What is this devops thing anyway?
- More deveops stuff...
- If the cloud is the future, then this is a necessary change?
- Discussing .Net 4.0 & VS 2010 Features
- Who's played with the RC since it's release.
- What are people looking forward to using / what couldn't you care less about.
- Anyone starting to deploy on .Net 4.0 now there's a go live?
- How much does VS support influence your language choices?
- Now that F# is a first-class citizen, do people seem themselves picking it up?
- Blaise Aguera y Arcas demos augmented-reality maps.
- NoSql Reporting?.. and is anyone doing NoSql on the shore?
We've been using google wave to organise the first meeting - you can find the wave here. For those that do come along tomorrow, feel free to add notes etc. about anything discussed, ideas for next time etc.
And of course If you need a google wave invite, please send me an email or tweet and we'll hook you up.
Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!