Architecture Chat this Thursday
Hi all, there's an Architecture chat this Thursday - 21st August @ 11:30am onwards.
Some things that I've caught my eye since last time:
- .Net 3.5 SP1 and VS2008 RTM are here
- VS2K8SP1 and SQL2K8 installs are a big mixed bag, some people no problem, other tearing hair out!
- And so are the war stories such as regressions and critical changes - doh!
- Visibility and trouble with non-developers being unable to quantify the quality of developer outputs - sparked off by this post by Casey.
- Resharper 4.01 RC1 is out.
- ASP.NET MVC now and in the future (i.e. where it's going, and perhaps a discussion on future of monorail vs. MVC and Monorail 2??).
- Security practices on MVC, WCF etc.
- Redmine - an interesting (and nicer) alternative to Trac - wonder if there's an easy transition path for existing Trac sites?
Edit: updated this list with some suggestions from others.
If anyone has any topic suggestions - just make a post on this entry, or send me an email / IM message.
Details of previous posts and directions etc. can be found here on the wiki.