Architecture Chat #49
Here's what we talked about at last weeks weeks Architecture chat...
- Black fibre (sparked off by this story in the US)
- Unmarked helicopters.
- Open XML SDK 2.0 April Refresh.
- Need for XML Tidy / Reformatting / Code clean of word xml before parsing/processing it with automated tools to simplify/combine runs etc.
- Writing your own mini-DNS server, and approaches to programmatically balancing load and geographic distribution via DNS.
- Legacy codebases, and the true cost of "small updates" to legacy apps.
- Outsourcing horror stories.
- Encrypted stored procedures.
- Wolfram Alpha, Google squared and Google wave and the joys of tabular data.
- Data centre location/latency issues (especially for parts of Europe and the pacific/Oceania regions).
- Project Natal for XBox 360
Next meeting is Thursday, 18th June 2009 - see you all there!
Written on June 8, 2009