Architecture Chat #33
Short writeup for the last architecture chat - we had 7 (or was it 8) attending the 11th September 2008 chat - including a couple of intergenites who made the arduous journey over the bridge (always nice to see some new faces!).
Topics of discussion included:
- Teched 2008 NZ
- Lack of developers in New Zealand, and problems/opportunities with current graduates emerging from various institutes.
- Working for Microsoft, the buy-up of blogging talent.
- The push to improve the profile of bloggers in NZ.
- Bloggers Dinner, Scott Hanselman etc.
- Google chrome.
- PDC 2008.
- Managed Extensibility Framework, what it is/is not - though I don't think of any us are quite sure yet - perhaps Hammet needs to do some videos? ;o)
- Generic Natural Language DSL's and interesting ideas like Intellisense for a Natural Language DSL's (I found this interesting, not sure anyone else did...)
It was a bit rambling so by the end of it I think most of us were not really sure just what we'd talked about.
As per usual previous write-ups can be found here on the wiki. There's also a group on
LinkedIn for those who have attended in the past (or plan to attend in the future? perhaps) so you can connect with other participants.
The next chat is this Thursday - 25th September - I'll post a reminder tomorrow - and if anyone has any topic suggestions please email or leave a comment on this post.