Architecture Chat #23 Tomorrow.
I think we are well and truly into the digestion phase after being flooded with so many product drops and previews over the last few months - announcements are low, but the amount of content about taking advantage of what's finally in our hands is increasing... arguably this is far more interesting/rewarding then actually getting the tech drops in the first place.
At any rate, things that have caught my eye this week (not much as you'll see, I haven't had much opportunity to read blogs over the last few weeks):
- .Net Framework Source Code Released - this is great, but quite strange as well - reading the comments is particularly interesting.
- More Lambda abuse with Design by Contract in C# 3.0.
- The One Minute Build - Continuous Integration and Quick Builds.
- Software Transactional Memory implemented in F#
- F# Type Safe Format Strings (the fact they're compile time checked has completely escaped me until now).
- F# Programming Fast Guide.
- Mindscapes Property Grid for WPF (one less hurdle for WinForms -> WPF
Conversion, though why didn't it come in the box to begin with?).
- Ayendes Security Overview - an enterprise application security solution (very similar in shape to security implementations required for say an ERP or CRM solution).
If anyone has any topic suggestions, either fire me a comment/email or just bring yourself along - all are welcome.