2009-10-20 - Architecture Chat Tomorrow
The Auckland Architecture Chat is on tomorrow, at 11:30am, Garrisons, in Sylvia Park.
Here a list of some possible topics:
- Five simple database design errors you should avoid.
- VS 2010 Beta 2 available - some useful link posts here and here.
- Role of P&P Team in Microsoft Development?
- Approaches to sanitizing/parsing html, including regexs, sglm reader, hpricot, htmltidy, antixss, xhtml dtd and approaches employed by social sites like facebook and opensocial (such as you might find in say shindig or pesta).
- Do we still, or did we ever really need http. ( and past thoughts of Blackbird)
- Sharepoint 2010 Development content published.
- Microsoft Ajax Minifier vs YUI Compressor.
- Google wave first impressions - as we all get our google invites and have a play - what do we think?
- Evolving the key/value programming model to a higher level.
- Http Archive Specification - now implemented in firebug and httpWatch.
- Lightspeed 3.0 beta - including goodies like Migration support.
- LLBLGen Pro version 3 sneak peak.
- Linq to sql profiler private beta.
- Nhibernate shards progress report.
- IntelliJ IDEA Goes open source.
- Nobody wants my code...
- Tim Berners Lee - Admitting // wasn't required.
We'll be meeting at the usual time of 11:30am @ Garrisons, Sylvia Park, Thursday 22nd October - and the topics above are just there in case we run out of anything else to talk about (which is rare).
For more details on the location and write-ups of previous sessions you can consult the associated wiki.