2009-09-09 - Architecture Chat Tomorrow
Some possible topics:
- Extensible languages like Boo & Nemerle.
Boo 0.9.2 released.
- Teched NZ 2009 Next Week.
Why are so many
developer tools orange?
Myth of Software Development - Open vs. Closed.
On the fly
- Interesting .Net / Java Integration projects...
Volta (which is
- Advantages / disadvantages of C# vs IL transformation.
- Debugging experiences / other concerns?
Doloto on DevLabs - and let's not forget Aptimize.
- Nice set of lucene tutorials from Simone Chiaretta.
Screen Activator Pattern.
- SharpDevelop goes 32bit by default.
Scott Hanselman's 2009 Tools List.
CodeRush vs. ReSharper.
Fluent NHibernate 1.0 RTM.
Repository Implementation Patterns.
(who gives his appologies, and wont be able to make it
There is also the code camp this Sunday in Auckland, at which
I'll be presenting on Domain Specific Languages, with a
side-order of writing Domain Specific Languages in Boo.
I'll post about that tomorrow, and maybe include a little more
detail about what I hope to cover.
We'll be meeting at the usual time of 11:30am @ Garrisons, Sylvia
Park, Thursday 10th September - and the topics above are just
there in case we run out of anything else to talk about (which is
For more details on the location and write-ups of previous
sessions you can consult the associated wiki.