2009-08-26 - Architecture Chat Tomorrow
Some Possible Topics:
- HawkCodeBox - interesting DLR syntax highlighting text box.
- Sustainability verses Maintainability?
- Oslo team merging with Data Programmability Team.
- Simpler Transactions - which is really part of a larger topic, of "abusing using". Though something I do on occasion, is it really a good idea? (I link to Phil's post because there's a good discussion on this point in the comments).
- Moonlight 2.0 goes beta.
- Tokyo Cabinet,Tokyo Tyrant and Tokyo Dystopia. There's a .net implementation of the Tyrant wire protocol here. Just starting to experiment with these..
- How to get the maximum performance out of your Plinq query.
- Fundamentalist Functional Programming.
- Quantity is not a measure of quality.
- Writing great unit tests - best and worst practices.
- The application and application services in silverlight 3.
- What do you do about inaccurate data?
- Arrays of arrays... or, why language design is never easy.
- Government plans to filter the internet - now in official draft.
- Tips for rich client development.
- How to be a software professional or craftsmen? (From David).
We'll be meeting at the usual time of 11:30am @ Garrisons, Sylvia Park, Thursday 27th August - and the topics above are just there in case we run out of anything else to talk about (which is rare).
For more details on the location and write-ups of previous sessions you can consult the associated wiki.
Written on August 26, 2009