2009-07-28 - Architecture Chat Tomorrow
Some Possible Topics:
- CSS Scripting Layout? Comments are worth a read...
- Mono can now use LLVM rather then their own Mono JIT compiler... i wonder how this benchmarks against the Microsoft JIT implementation, might be some applications for this on the windows platform.. hmmm. (You can find more about
- Typesafe INotifyPropertyChanged (both first attempt, and second attempt with derived classes).
- Alex James has some interesting posts about composing method calls (or not currently being able to) with SOA and ReST. Seems like this would fit in well with methods being able to take Future
arguments and return Future values.
- Silverlight 3 + Expression 3 Launch (we didn't end up talking much about this last time).
- NHibernate Linq goes 1.0 (The Criteria Based implementation). The AST-based re-linq is still in progress. Anyone actually using Linq with NHibernate in anger?
- Polling by sleeping vs. Polling by waiting with a timeout.
- Think first, doing is for later.
- Support for dynamically typed languages in the JVM.
- Apollo 11 Source Code on Google Code.
We'll be meeting at the usual time of 11:30am @ Garrisons, Sylvia Park, Thursday 30th July 2009 - and the topics above are just there in case we run out of anything else to talk about (which is rare).
For more details on the location and write-ups of previous sessions you can consult the associated wiki.
There's also a .Net user group meeting Tomorrow (Thursday, 30th July, 5:30pm onwards) - details here.