2009-02-03 - Architecture Chat This Thursday
Architecture chat this Thursday, 5th February, 11:30am, Garrisons, Sylvia Park, Auckland.
Some of the topics I raised at the last chat we skipped over.. so I might resurrect them again this week:
- Factor, Forth and stack based languages in general.
- Net negative producing programmers. NNPP. Do we need barriers to entry into this
profession, or some tools that can be used to persuade people to
leave? And what's the cost of NNPP?
- Elitism in software development.
- Aspect Inheritance... Aspect inheritance in PostSharp 1.5 CTP 2 and Deeper Into Aspect Inheritance.
- What was good/bad about last year (both in the chat, NZ dev community and development space in general) and predictions for this year.
- Traditional training for developers - do developers still attend training courses in NZ, where, what's the value etc.
And of course some new topics / things that have piqued my interest over the last few weeks:
- Release Candidate of ASP.Net MVC released - plus a quick refresh
- Microsoft web platform installer 1.0
- Structured data searching - what impacts could this shift have on web development?
- Lightspeed 2.2 Released, with some interesting new features.
- Future queries in NHibernate.
- Abstracting away cloud service platforms (such as in this post on abstracting away azure).
I'll see you all this Thursday, and remember new comers are always welcome - just drop me an email/comment to let us know your coming along so we can track you down.
Note: Write-ups of previous meetings and additional info i.e. directions to the location, are available on the wiki.